If you’re a tanning regular you probably know all there is to know about what and who will give you the best tan for your wedding day. If you’re new to tanning here are a few hints you might find helpful.
It's a good idea not to have your first ever spray tan prior to your wedding day. Reason being it will not wash off if you don’t like it or if for some reason it ends up uneven. I advise having one or two trials a month before your wedding this way you can decide what depth of darkness you’d like to be and if you like the product your tan technician uses.
Before each professional tan you have applied, to give you the best results you must prep your skin accordingly..
- Make your tan appointment 2 days prior to your big day.
- Shave the day before your tan. If waxing I'd advise 4-6 days prior.
- Gently exfoliate your body and concentrate on dry areas of skin e.g. knees and elbows and feet.
- When you arrive to your tanning appointment please don't wear deodorant, moisturiser or perfume as this can effect the even-ness.
- It's best to wear lose dark clothing after you have had your spray tan especially in those first few hours.
- Tan can be washed off in as little as 2 hours and left on for up to 8 hours depending on the depth of colour you desire.
- Do not go to the gym or do anything that will cause excessive perspiration. Swimming should also be avoided while you tan is in the developing phase.
- Further development may occur after first shower meaning you may be a couple of shades darker 24hrs after your first shower.
- Moisturise daily to ensure your tan lasts for as long as possible and fades evenly.
A couple of things to consider..
A spray tan may sit differently on your skin depending on your hormone levels if you change medications or if you are stressed.
Remember you want your wedding photos to be timeless so subtle is always best.